CTFd Uploader not working

For some reason the file uploader doesn’t seem to be working. I installed dependencies via pip3 and I am just running the development python server. I upload files and can see them show up on the backend server but it’s not indexing into the database or something since it just 404s when I try to reference them (they’re 404s in the file uploader too). For reference, I am running on windows. Any ideas?

In general Windows should be supported but it’s difficult to investigate without some kind of stack trace, video, or some kind of error message. Does the file end up on the filesystem but in the wrong folder, does the file not exist in the database?

It would likely be easier for you to use Docker for Windows and use docker-compose to run CTFd.

Thanks! I instead transitioned to running it on a linux AWS EC2 instance. My apologies as I have never used docker before, but I am having some errors with docker-compose. I can initialize the server just fine using docker run -p 8000:8000 -it ctfd/ctfd but everytime I close the server and restart using that command, it does not save the config. I’ve also tried using sudo docker-compose up but I get the following error message. Any help would be appreciated!

aactf_db_1 is up-to-date
aactf_cache_1 is up-to-date
Starting a11c45d7f463_aactf_ctfd_1 … error
ERROR: for a11c45d7f463_aactf_ctfd_1 Cannot start service ctfd: b’OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused “exec: \”/opt/CTFd/docker-entrypoint.sh\": permission denied": unknown’

ERROR: for ctfd Cannot start service ctfd: b’OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused “exec: \”/opt/CTFd/docker-entrypoint.sh\": permission denied": unknown’

Perhaps you should try doing docker-compose build? My suspicion is something didn’t correctly set the permissions of the docker-entrypoint.sh script.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up just setting the whole directory to have executable permissions and then it worked.